Wednesday, November 25, 2015

To My Family - A Thanksgiving Message


 
This Thanksgiving I am filled with gratitude for the gift of my beautiful children. As a parent I have spent sleepless nights and worried days, learned the inside of patience, the value of digging deeper for love and understanding as I have coped to hold their quicksilver natures in my sometimes uncomprehending sphere. Thank you for stretching my limits, challenging my boundaries and making me expand love into new dimensions.  I love the way our relationships change and develop over the years, revealing new depths and colors as we travel on.

I am so grateful for my firstborn, Heide, for all that she has taught me of patience, love and acceptance and true courage and persistence over the years. My life would have been so much flatter without you. I would have gone on walking comfortably in only two dimensions if you had not shaken me out of everything I thought I knew to go searching for something new – a new way to define love, relationship, and health. Thank you for expanding my boundaries, for going with me into new dimensions. Bless you.

For my Ingrid, my doll, my heart – that is what you are – a great big heart – you have taught me much – I admire your ability to take the leap and dive completely into love with all your might – and so do all those angels watching out for you because they sure take good care of you. I love how you love. Thank you for teaching me exuberance, fierce loyalty and passionate love.

For my son – my “gift of God” Matthew – who was truly awaited with love and expectation. Thank you for being so beautifully you. Low key, kind, observant, generous, and remarkable. Along with handsome and personable and very intelligently wise. Thank you for teaching me to stay even-keeled and cool headed. God bless.

My Jen has bloomed like the flower she truly is and always has been. She flows along gracefully not fighting life but taking it in stride with a genuineness of being that endears her to all. And she is an awesome new mom! Thank you for showing me how to go with the flow and allow others to as well.

And Victoria has all the fire she was born with – down to her core she burns with a passion for all she holds dear. Though you may get scorched if you do not know how to be close, her passion and fire will light up the dark and bring warmth when treated with respect and care. Thank you for teaching me how to pay more attention  and keep the inner fires stoked with vision and purpose.

It is truly humbling to realize the qualities your children express that inspire your own direction and growth as you grow older and they grow wiser. Thank you all so much for the richness you bring into my life and the lives of others. I am honored to have brought you into the world where your lights are shining ever stronger and brighter. 

May your days be blessed with friendship and love. May your lives continue to bring about that depth and beauty of being you are truly meant to embody. May you be wrapped in the love the universe has for you – that love that your parents tried so hard to be a little tiny piece of so that you could get your first taste of how much love there is for you out there.

And many humble thanks to the man who has stood by my side through it all. The one I come home to each night, my beloved Arthur, for showing me how sensitive, resilient and beautiful the male psyche truly is.

Let's be mindful of and grateful for the many and deep blessings of each other in our lives during this holiday season. Bless you all. Happy Thanksgiving.



No comments:

Post a Comment